Obtaining free hosting plan is usually advertisement-supported or encourage customers to get paid hosting, by limiting the features offered on free plan. Free web hosts will usually provide a subdomain (yoursite.example.com) or a directory (www.example.com/~yoursite).
We choose the best 5 plans available on the market so you can decide which one to take, based on your needs!
Award Space 👉 Total Reviews: 66 🙌 Average Rating: 7.3 / 10 👍 Good Reviews: 49 👎 Bad Reviews: 17 👈 Official Responses: 0
000webhost 👉 Total Reviews: 329 🙌 Average Rating: 7.5 / 10 👍 Good Reviews: 261 👎 Bad Reviews: 68 👈 Official Responses: 0
1Free Hosting 👉 Total Reviews: 10 🙌 Average Rating: 4.6 / 10 👍 Good Reviews: 4 👎 Bad Reviews: 6 👈 Official Responses: 0
x10Hosting 👉 Total Reviews: 50 🙌 Average Rating: 3.4 / 10 👍 Good Reviews: 13 👎 Bad Reviews: 37 👈 Official Responses: 6
Free Hostia 👉 Total Reviews: 25 🙌 Average Rating: 4.7 / 10 👍 Good Reviews: 11 👎 Bad Reviews: 14 👈 Official Responses: 0
A free webhosting service is a website hosting service that is free (without money), usually advertisement-supported. Free web hosts will usually provide a subdomain (yoursite.example.com) or a directory (www.example.com/~yourname). In contrast, paid web hosts will usually provide a second-level domain along with the hosting (www.yourname.com). Many free hosts do allow use of separately-purchased domains.
Profiting from free webhosting ----------
The majority of the hosting companies use free hosting to introduce their services, and as an entry point to their more expensive offerings. Generally they recoup their costs in one of a few ways:
* Resell Hosting - This is where someone starts up a hosting company, attracts lots of visitors, then sells the hosting company to someone else once it can no longer support itself. Once sold, this individual uses the money to start up multiple hosting ventures and sells each in turn.
* Referrals - Using a simple form of viral marketing, these providers rely on the users to spread the offer. The ratio of free to paid accounts is known, and by having each free user refer a number of friends, the hosting provider is able to get enough paid accounts to cover the cost.
* Advertising - Selling online advertising on the customer sites is generally considered a fair trade - the reasoning is that high traffic sites are more expensive to host, but the additional traffic allows for additional ad impressions therefore covering the cost. For the web master, it can be a good trade if the advertising is of good quality and non-competitive. This is one of the main reasons that businesses do not use free hosting for their website. The majority of free hosting companies use this method.
Some hosting companies are using hybrid approaches that mix these tactics.
Methods of giving out web hosting ----------
A few methods of giving out Free Web hosting to people by Webhosts:
* Post for Hosting Some free hosts require posting in a forum. Forum-based free hosting requires users to either reach a certain amount of posts before getting a free hosting account, or be an active contributor in the forum. Forum-based free hosting often work on a system of points where posts give points to a user and can be used as credits toward getting a hosting account or more resources. Typically, the forum where users have to post contains advertising as the hosts way of making a profit.
* Instant Activation Due to the risks of illegal, inappropriate, and abusive website, hosts with instant activation usually give very little storage space and monthly bandwidth. Other restrictions will likely also be in effect. The webhosts usually either require the users' web pages to display their banner ads, textlink ads, or popups; or else the users' files to be uploaded through a web-based file manager that display ads to the user uploading files.
Hosts with instant activation are often abused, such as link spamming.
* Forum applications This method is popular, as the hosts can decide which applications to deny and allow. This is common when a popular forum has free hosting as an add-on service, rather than the other way around.
* File hosting on webhosts Most free web hosts discourage using their services for file or image hosting only, with no web page, since advertising is displayed on the web page. Because of this, hotlinking is usually disallowed on free hosts. Some free webhosts will also disallow files over a certain size (for example, 5 MB). However, there are free file hosting services which allow large files as well as hotlinking.
* Co-branding and resellers Some services offer co-branding services. These let you brand fixed plans with your own company. Other services, offer WHM or panel reselling. This allows the client to develop his or her own web hosting plans and business.
Disclosure: Although we attempt to provide useful and accurate information we can not guarantee that it is always right. This is a professional website that may receive compensation from some providers which we review and promote or advertise, however that does not affect our reviews ratings!
📣 Latest tweets mentioning Free
mynic.my🏆 Alexa144,567▲ - 📅 - We'd like to extend another amazing offer! We are giving out *FREE* domain more info and DNSSEC, as… more info
Mega.nz🏆 Alexa108▼ - 📅 - With our massive 20 GB free storage, MEGA is one of the most generous cloud services. To ramp up your free storage… more info
🏆 Alexa2,367,298▲ - 📅 - 10 Best Free Landing Page Builders - Introduction to Landing Page Builders For the uninitiated, landing page builders seem like just another complicated element of Internet technology. However, a proper understanding of these tools and their benefits could be a game-changer in one’s online marketing strategy. In essence, a landing ...
🏆 Alexa200,475▲ - 📅 - Freelance Digital Marketing: How it Can Transform Your Career - 8 min read Welcome to the realm of Freelance Digital Marketing and its potential to enhance your journey. This field empowers you to develop captivating strategies to engage audiences and achieve remarkable brand success. In this article, you will gain insights, into the art of crafting content ...
🏆 Alexa2,309,663▲ - 📅 - Some effective ways to promote your freelance services online. - Promoting your freelance services online requires a strategic approach to reach your target audience and stand out from the competition. Here are some effective ways to promote your freelance services online: Create a Professional Website: Build a professional website that showcases your skills, ...
🏆 Alexa2,309,663▲ - 📅 - Businesses to start with a 100 dollars in Kenya - Starting a business with a limited budget of $100 in Kenya can be challenging, but with some creativity and resourcefulness, you can explore the following business ideas: Freelance Services: Offer your skills as a freelance writer, graphic designer, web developer, or social media manager. You can ...
🏆 Alexa477,226▼ - 📅 - Demo a cloud solution tailored for your business - Not all #cloudcomputing solutions are created equal—and not every popular solution is right for your business. Sign up for a free consultation to discover the solution that's customized for your unique operational needs.
📋 Latest news about Free
Can I use cPanel for free? - 📅 - In today’s digital landscape, managing websites efficiently is crucial for businesses and individuals alike. One popular web hosting control panel that simplifies website management is cPanel. It offers a wide range of features and functionalities, making it a preferred choice for many. In this article, we will explore the question: “Can I use ...
EDB Offers Free Postgres Training to Developers, DBAs, and Architects - 📅 - EnterpriseDB (EDB (enterprisedb.com) (crunchbase.com)), a company that accelerates Postgres in the enterprise, has made all of its on-demand training materials available for free, making it possible for developers, database administrators, and architects to fully utilize the most popular and sought-after open-source database in the world, ...
Cloudflare Offers Zero Trust Security for Free to At-Risk Groups - 📅 - As part of its Project Galileo (cloudflare.com) and Athenian Projects, global CDN technology provider Cloudflare (en.wikipedia.org) has announced that its Cloudflare One suite of Zero Trust security technologies (hjne.ws) is now free to use for at-risk public interest organizations and municipal and state election sites. Organizations may ...