ICANN Meetings in Bucharest, Romania – 24-28 June 2002
May 13, 2002
As previously announced, ICANN's next round of meetings will be held 24-28 June 2002 in Bucharest, Romania. Details regarding the Bucharest meetings are now posted on the ICANN web site. The meeting venue is the Bucharest Marriott Grand Hotel. Details regarding accommodations are available at the local host's web site.
The general schedule for the meeting is as follows:
|Monday, 24 June 2002||Miscellaneous preliminary meetings; some DNSO constituency meetings|
|Tuesday, 25 June 2002||DNSO constituency meetings|
|Wednesday, 26 June 2002||DNSO general assembly and Names Council meeting; ICANN Public Forum on Evolution and Reform|
|Thursday, 27 June 2002||ICANN Public Forum (including special presentation on Whois)|
|Friday, 28 June 2002||ICANN Board meeting|
| Category: Domain Names
| Source: ICANN : Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers
URL source: http://www.icann.org/announcements/announcement-13may02.htmWant to add a website news or press release ? Just do'it, it's free! Use add web hosting news
May 10, 2002
- Motivus to Provide Wireless Access Services to Bell Mobility
- Motivus Software Ltd. (http://www.veratium.com) said this week it had partnered with Bell Mobility, a Canadian wireless telecommunications company, to provide Bell customers with real-time wireless access to their desktop, network files, calendar, contacts, attachments and e-mail via a wireless PDA or laptop. Motivus does not require software to be installed on the mobile device or desktop computer. Mobile devices supported will include: PocketPCs; laptops with Sierra Wireless AirCard; wireless handsets; and Data to Go solutions. All Motivus products have a single point of installation on a Windows 2000 computer and use Secure Socket Layer (SSL), the same security ...
May 10, 2002
- NetNation to Power Grizzlies Basketball Site
- Vancouver-based Web hosting firm NetNation Communications (NetNation.com Total Reviews: 2
Average Rating: 1 / 10
Good Reviews: 0
Bad Reviews: 2
Official Responses: 0
) said yesterday it had been selected to host the application and database server that will power the Memphis Grizzlies NBA basketball team's Web service. The application and database back-end will be built by Exponentia Communications Corporation, which develops real-time communications and media solutions for the sports and entertainment market. Exponentia has developed a platform that will run on NetNation's infrastructure, which will allow Grizzlies' fans to access exclusive media and live game updates, participate in real-time polls, answer trivia, and receive instant notification of ...
May 10, 2002
- ServerVault Chosen for Foresight HIPAA Validator
- Secure managed hosting service provider ServerVault (ServerVault.com
) announced on Friday that it has been chosen by data validation and productivity solutions provider Foresight Corporation (http://www.foresightcorp.com) to provide managed hosting for Foresight's HIPAA Validator solution. ServerVault's data center, says the company, is built to the standards or the Department of Defense's Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility (SCIF) protection, and its network is based on the Defense in Depth strategy. The company says its facilities exceed all security requirements of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996. "Partnering with ...
May 14, 2002
- Standard & Poor's Remove WorldCom from S&P 500
- Standard & Poor's (http://www.standardandpoors.com) said late yesterday it had removed telecommunications firm WorldCom from its S&P 500 index. The global financial research and analysis firm said it was removing WorldCom due to a "lack of representation," a release from Standard & Poor's read. "Company additions to and deletions from an S&P equity index do not in any way reflect an opinion on the investment merits of the company." WorldCom will be replaced by Apollo Group, which provides higher education programs for working adults. Shares WorldCom fell sharply on the news, and were trading at $1.12 Tuesday ...
May 14, 2002
- Riptech Managed Security Protects Government Systems
- Managed security services provider Riptech Inc. (http://www.riptech.com) announced on Monday the General Services Administration (GSA) Schedule availability of its real-time managed security services. The company says its managed security services provide agencies across the Federal Government with round-the-clock security and immediate response to network security threats. Riptech says its addition to the GSA Schedule presents an additional procurement mechanism through which the Federal government can access the company's security technology. Founded in 1998 by Department of Defense security experts, Riptech has played key roles in protecting a number of Federal ...
May 14, 2002
- Primus Approved for Nasdaq SmallCap Listing
- Service provider Primus Telecommunications (http://www.primustel.com) said today it had been approved to list its common stock on the Nasdaq SmallCap Market effective today. The company said its common stock would continue to trade under the ticker symbol "PRTL". "The approval of Primus' application for a Nasdaq SmallCap Market listing enables its common stock to continue to trade in a respected market that is recognized around the world," the company said. Primus had previously traded on the Nasdaq National Market, but was informed in February that it would be de-listed from the National Market if it could not maintain a share price of $1.00 or more for 10 ...