Oct, 2001 : Call for Proposals for 2002 ICANN Meetings
Oct 8, 2001
ICANN is actively soliciting proposals for the June and October/November 2002 ICANN meetings. Details are posted at <https://www.icann.org/meetings>, including an overview of the typical meeting structure, basic requirements for local hosts, and financial considerations.
Last month, Accra, Ghana, was selected as the location for the first round of ICANN meetings next year, to be held 10-14 March 2002. The second and third ICANN meetings are targeted for the following dates and regions:
Late June 2002 - Central/Eastern Europe
October/November 2002 - Asia/Pacific
The deadline for proposals is 31 October, 2001. If you are considering submitting a proposal, please contact the ICANN staff at <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
| Category: Domain Names
| Source: ICANN : Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers
URL source: http://www.icann.org/announcements/announcement-08oct01.htmWant to add a website news or press release ? Just do'it, it's free! Use add web hosting news
Oct 5, 2001
- IBM Launches High-End Server "Regatta"
- IBM (http://www.ibm.com) yesterday introduced what it is calling the world's most powerful UNIX server, crowning a five-year effort to deliver a new class of UNIX system that incorporates microprocessor breakthroughs and mainframe technologies. At half the price of the just-released Sun Fire 15K, the IBM eServer p690 - code-named "Regatta" - fundamentally transforms the economics of UNIX servers The IBM eServer p690 offers enterprises the most efficient platform for both server consolidation and large, single-system applications. When tackling the most complex problems, multiple p690 servers can be linked together to create supercomputers powered by more than 1,000 ...
Oct 5, 2001
- Bechtel Telecoms Opens Network Engineering Lab
- Bechtel Telecommunications (http://www.bechteltelecoms.com) today officially started operations at its new Training, Demonstration, and Research (TDR) Laboratory, showcasing capabilities to simulate and evaluate state-of-the-art network designs and to address engineering issues in the lab, or in the field. Bechtel Telecommunications is a unit of Bechtel Corporation, one of the world's premier engineering, construction, and management organizations. The TDR Lab will help carriers and equipment vendors integrate quickly evolving technologies into their networks, and reduce the cost of upgrades for carriers. "This lab is unique in our industry because network design and ...
Oct 5, 2001
- Global Crossing, Asia Global Crossing In Merger Talks
- Global Crossing Ltd. (http://www.globalcrossing.com) and Asia Global Crossing (http://www.asiaglobalcrossing.com), which is approximately 59 percent owned by Global Crossing, announced yesterday that they are in preliminary discussions to merge the two companies. The companies cited continuing consolidation in the telecommunications industry and the evolving needs of their global customers as motivation for their decision. The companies also announced that John Legere, currently president and CEO of Asia Global Crossing, will also assume the CEO position at Global Crossing effective immediately. Tom Casey, currently vice chairman and CEO of Global Crossing, will remain vice chairman and a ...
Oct 9, 2001
- Sun Takes on Microsoft with Aggressive Pricing Move
- In a fierce move against Microsoft yesterday, Sun Microsystems announced today a migration program to encourage current Microsoft Internet Information Server customers to easily trade-up to iPlanet Web Server, Enterprise Edition 6.0 (http://www.iplanet.com/gosecure). The trade-up includes detailed migration guides that help simplify the transition to iPlanet Web Server, free Sun Chili!Soft ASP software that allows customers to run Microsoft Active Server Pages code unchanged on iPlanet Web Server, and a 37 percent price reduction on iPlanet Web Server software. This program represents a cost-effective alternative for companies concerned about frequent Microsoft IIS security ...
Oct 9, 2001
- Netopia to Participate in Road Shows With France Telecom
- Netopia, Inc. (http://www.netopia.com), a market leader in broadband gateways and Web platform software, has announced that Netopia will be working with France Telecom (http://www.francetelecom.com) to host a series of road shows, "Les Rencontres Solutions Partenaires" throughout France to assist resellers in understanding Netopia's an d France Telecom's bundled solutions for secure broadband Internet connectivity. The road shows will take place in fourteen cities throughout France from Oct. 16th through December 6th. Netopia will be presenting 4 bundles combining France Telecom's Netissimo Pro service with each of the following Netopia DSL routers: R910, R9100, 4541 and 45413. These ...
Oct 9, 2001
- Packet Losses Reported in Pakistan; U.S. Web Performance Normal
- Matrix.net has reported that since early morning Oct. 8, Internet transmissions from Pakistan have experienced a great increase in packet loss. Almost simultaneously, there has been a decrease in latency for Internet traffic in Kazakhstan. Moreover, a large number of sites in Saudi Arabia have become unreachable. These anomalies occurred at the time of the second military strike on Afghanistan. In all likelihood, the packet losses are the result of transmissions switching to a phone network. The lack of contact with Saudi Arabia may be intentional: either preserving Internet silence for security reasons, or merely refusing network pings. The increase in ...