Outreach Program for Latin America VideoConference Event, [...]
Outreach Program for Latin America VideoConference Event, Wednesday, October 4, 2006
Sep 27, 2006
|09:00 - 15:15||Costa Rica, El Salvador, Honduras|
|10:00 - 16:15||Colombia, Ecuador, Guatemala, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru|
|11:00 - 17:15||Bolivia, Chile, Paraguay, Venezuela|
|12:00 - 18:15||Argentina and Brazil|
|13:00 - 19:15||Uruguay|
ICANN undertakes different partnership and information sharing activities to all stakeholders; including governments. This proposal seeks to complement those activities with a regional session, the purpose of which is to provide a greater understanding of what ICANN is. This session aims to provide information and participation opportunities to all stakeholders, in particular governments, with a special focus on developing countries in Latin America.
- Bring greater understanding to stakeholders in Latin America of what ICANN is responsible for and how to participate in the GAC;
- Through greater participation, awareness and capacity building, better response to specific issues of regional interest;
- Identify means for addressing improved participation in ICANN from developing countries.
This event has been co-organized with UNAM, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, and will be transmitted via videoconference from different locations in Latin America. A webcast will also be available.
If you, or your organization, has access to a videoconference facility and would like to connect to the event, please contact Fabián Romo, the technical coordinator of the event at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The program and means to access the webcast of the event are available at the following website: http://www.unam.mx/sociedadinformacion/.
| Category: Domain Names
| Source: ICANN : Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers
URL source: http://www.icann.org/announcements/announcement-27sep06.htmWant to add a website news or press release ? Just do'it, it's free! Use add web hosting news
Sep 26, 2006
- 1&1 Launches Marketing, Banner Tools
- Web hosting provider 1&1 Internet (http://www.1and1.co.uk) announced on Wednesday it has launched 1&1 Search Marketing and 1&1 Banner Advertising, a service available to its customers in the UK. Powered by Yahoo! Search Marketing, the new solution provides customers with a solution for pay-per-click sponsored search and is specifically designed for smaller budgets. 1&1 says the tool will enable business to run sponsored search marketing campaigns on major search engines and highly trafficked Web sites across the Yahoo! Search Marketing network. It provides monthly reports on rankings and bids as well as competitors' keywords. Customers will have access to an online marketing manual ...
Sep 26, 2006
- Rackspace Europe Wins Microsoft Gold
- Web hosting provider Rackspace Managed Hosting Europe (rackspace.co.uk
) announced on Monday it has attained Gold Certified status in the Microsoft Partner Program with competencies in advanced infrastructure solutions and networking infrastructure solutions. As a Gold Certified partner, Rackspace has displayed expertise with Microsoft technologies and proven its ability to meet customers' Web hosting requirements. Microsoft Gold Certified Partners receive a variety of benefits, including access, training and support, giving them a competitive advantage in the marketplace. Rackspace Europe joins its US parent company in holding the Gold Certified accreditation. ...
Sep 26, 2006
- DH Capital Advises USCarrier
- Financing advisor DH Capital (http://www.dhcapitalllc.com) announced on Monday it represented fiber-optic network provider USCarrier Telecom (http://www.uscarrier.com) on its recently completed financial restructuring and strategic partnership with American Fiber Systems (http://www.americanfibersystems.com). USCarrier, comprised of 20 independent telephone companies from Georgia and South Carolina, operates a network covering more than 40 cities across the Southeast US. AFS provides metropolitan fiber optic network infrastructure and wholesale transport services in markets including Atlanta, Cleveland, Kansas City, Minneapolis, Nashville and Salt Lake City.DH Capital advised USCarrier on the ...
Sep 28, 2006
- DataPipe Sponsors NextFest Event
- Managed hosting and security services provider DataPipe (datapipe.com
) announced on Wednesday it is sponsoring the Robot Row pavilion within the WIRED NextFest (http://www.nextfest.net) conference, being held September 29 to October 1 at the Jacob Javits Center in New York City. "At NextFest you can see the technology of tomorrow, today," says Robb Allen, DataPipe CEO. "We're pleased to be a part of an event that both inspires and challenges attendees to innovate." Robot Row features HUBO, the first robot to move each finger individually, as well as Actroid, a Japanese robot that speaks four languages. The third annual WIRED NextFest will bring together innovations from ...
Sep 28, 2006
- SiteKreator Launches Business Edition
- Online Web site builder SiteKreator (sitekreator.com
) announced this week at DEMOfall in San Diego it has launched the Business Edition of SiteKreator, an online suite that enables users to design, maintain, and host customer Web sites. Designed for entrepreneurs, small to medium-sized businesses and independent professionals, the Business Edition starts at $15 per month and includes hosting. SiteKreator is a fully-hosted online application that eliminates the need to download, install, or upgrade software.The all-inclusive application suite delivers the "look and feel" of a professionally designed site and the flexibility of high-end content management system ...
Sep 28, 2006
- Easyspace Adds Incentive Program
- UK Web hosting provider Easyspace (easyspace.com
) announced on Wednesday it has launched its new Customer Club, a new incentives program designed to reward customers for their loyalty. Customers will earn points for buying services, renewing services and referring new customers to Easyspace. Customers will receive 10 points for every £1 they spend on a new service, with an additional 5 points per £1 spent when they renew the service. They will also receive bonus points for every new customer they bring to Easyspace. They will be able to redeem their points for a range of Easyspace services including domain names, Web hosting and email services. Customers can ...