Collection Of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, you share information directly with us when you create an account, fill out a form, submit or post content through our Services, communicate with us via third-party platforms, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of personal information we may collect include your name, display name, username, bio, email address, business information, your content, including your avatar image, photos, posts, responses, and series published by you, and any other information you choose to provide.We do not collect payment information through our Services.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Interact with Us
In some instances, we automatically collect certain information, including:
- Device and Usage Information: We collect information about how you access our Services, including data about the device and network you use, such as your hardware model, operating system version, mobile network, IP address, unique device identifiers, browser type, and app version (via Google Analytics)
- Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We use tracking technologies, such as cookies and web beacons, to collect information about you. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We obtain information from third-party sources. For example, we may collect information about your company from social networks, accounting services providers and data analytics providers. Additionally, if you create or log into your WHTop account through a third-party platform (such as Facebook, Google, or Twitter), we will have access to certain information from that platform, such as your name, your email and profile in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such platform.
Use Of Information
We use the information we collect to provide, maintain, and improve our Services, which includes publishing and distributing user-generated content. We also use the information we collect to:
- Create and maintain your WHTop account;
- Send you technical notices, security alerts, support and administrative messages, especially when you manage a web hosting company
- Detect, investigate, and prevent security incidents and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity and protect the rights and property of WHTop and others;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- Debug to identify and repair errors in our Services;
Sharing Of Information
We do not trade, sell or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information.
Third party links
We may include or offer occasional third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We do not distribute your personal information to outside parties. As part of the California Online Privacy Protection Act, all users of our site may make any changes to their information at anytime by logging into the WHTop account and edit their profile information
We store personal data associated with your account for as long as your account remains active. For any company listed, we do store information even if they closed the business, to maintain our users reviews and company history. We store other personal data for as long as necessary to carry out the purposes for which we originally collected it and for other legitimate business purposes, including to meet our legal, regulatory, or other compliance obligations.
Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children's Online Privacy Protection Act). We do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products, and services are all aimed at those who are at least 13 years old or older. However, we have no potential harm for any child, since we just list web hosting companies along other reviews and stats!
GDPR privacy ( Europe)
In respect of Art. 15 GDPR you have the right to obtain information as to wether or not your personal data are being processed. You also have the right to have your personal data rectified if it is inaccurate in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR, a right to be forgotten (Art. 17 GDPR), a right to obtain restriction of processing under given circumstances (Art. 18 GDPR) and the right to data portability stated in Art. 20 GDPR. You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data, as to where the processing is based on Art. 6(1) lit f GDPR.