- Aug 10, 2020
- COVID-19 Will Prevent Research in Antarctica
- Antarctica is crucial to understanding the effects that climate change is having on our planet. Most notably is the melting ice sheets that are causing … COVID-19 Will Prevent Research in Antarctica Read More » The post COVID-19 Will Prevent ...
- May 22, 2020
- What Green Snow Means For Antarctica
- The snow in Antarctica has a strange green coloring that will have a serious impact on the region. The color comes from a snow algae … What Green Snow Means For Antarctica Read More » The post What Green Snow Means For Antarctica appeared first ...
- Mar 27, 2020
- A Giant Glacier Is Melting In Antarctica and Threatens Coastal Cities
- The Denman Glacier in East Antarctica has almost lost 3 miles worth of ice in the last 22 years. However, conditions are starting to worsen for this part of Antarctica, and that can prove disastrous for coastal regions around the world. Researchers ...
- Feb 26, 2020
- An Antarctic Heatwave Melted 20% of the Snow
- A nine-day Antarctic heatwave occurred between February 4th and the 13th, 2020, which resulted in 20% of the season’s snow to melt. While this is not unusual in other colder regions like Alaska and Greenland during the summer, it is for Antarctica. ...
- Feb 10, 2020
- Antarctica Experienced Its Hottest Temperature Ever
- On Thursday, February 6th, Antarctica had a new record-breaking temperature. It reached a temperature of 65 degrees Fahrenheit and surpassed the previous record of 63.5 set in 2015. Making it the hottest temperature Antarctica has ever seen. Of ...