How To Interact With The ICANN Public Forum in Lisbon, Portugal
Mar 29, 2007
ICANN has changed the method by which it draws input into its public meetings - including the public forum - in an effort to make it easier to interact, and hence encourage greater interaction.
For the ICANN public forum on Thursday 29 March 2007
From now on, ICANN will accept and publicly post any comments to the public forum through its new public participation website, found at http://public.icann.org.
On that site, each meeting has its own webpage. At the bottom of each webpage any registered user is able to "add new comment", and what they write will quickly appear on the site. There is also a chatroom, a clear link to which is provided on each webpage.
ICANN staff will follow the chatroom and seek to raise any relevant comments or questions made to the room itself. Occasionally, if there is an expected high demand for comments, ICANN will also set up a special forum. That will also be clearly linked to on the meeting's webpage.
The meeting chair (and panellists) will themselves review each method of input on the participation website, but in the meantime, ICANN staff will seek to fill the gap.
| Category: Domain Names
| Source: ICANN : Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers
URL source: http://www.icann.org/announcements/announcement-29mar07.htmWant to add a website news or press release ? Just do'it, it's free! Use add web hosting news
Mar 28, 2007
- Comodo Offers UC Certificates
- IT security solutions provider Comodo (http://www.comodo.com) announced on Wednesday it is now offering Unified Communications certificates for Microsoft Exchange Server 2007. These new certificates enable enterprises using Exchange Server 2007 for their messaging infrastructure to use a single SSL certificate to secure multiple fully qualified domain names on a single host/IP address. UC certificates are a more cost effective solution than single certificate purchases and help simplify management processes by allowing server administrators to consolidate all of their secure domains onto one certificate. Comodo UC certificates allow multiple hostnames to be entered in the ...
Mar 28, 2007
- Touch Support Adds Windows Products
- Web hosting support and server administration services provider Touch Support (http://www.touchsupport.com) announced on Wednesday it has expanded its services to incorporate Windows hosting products, including the Helm and Plesk control panel software run on Windows Server 2000 and 2003. The new Windows support department was designed to fulfill the outsourced support needs of Windows Web hosts, as well as an increasing number of Web hosts who are now choosing to provide Windows hosting solutions alongside traditional Linux hosting plans."In the past year, we noticed a trend of mainstream hosting companies expanding into areas previously occupied by specialty providers. ...
Mar 28, 2007
- ResellerClub Surpasses 1.5m Domains
- Web hosting provider ResellerClub (resellerclub.com Total Reviews: 26
Average Rating: 4 of 10
Good Reviews: 13
Bad Reviews: 13
Official Responses: 0
) announced on Wednesday that it now has more than 1.5 million domains under its management. ResellerClub is now the tenth largest domain registrar, according to Web research and statistics portal Webhosting.info (webhosting.info). The company has also been one of the fastest growing registrars in the industry and has shown a growth of approximately 200 percent in its domain names since its inception a year ago. "We've had an eventful first year- new products, lot of promos, and now the 1.5 million domains milestone getting us in the top 10 registrars in the industry," says Bhavin Turakhia, CEO for ResellerClub. "Our ...
Mar 30, 2007
- ViaWest Reports Revenue Growth
- Colocation and Web hosting provider ViaWest (viawest.net
) announced on Thursday it has reported double-digit revenue growth, triple-digit EBITDA growth and a 45 percent jump in increased existing customer demand in 2006. ViaWest attributes the metrics, combined with strong market growth across the industry to the company posting its best year financially in its history, increasing its total revenue growth in 2006 by 53 percent as compared to 2005. The majority of its revenue growth was driven by companies turning to ViaWest to manage its critical data and IT infrastructure needs through colocation and managed hosting services, as revenue from those services saw a 56 ...
Mar 30, 2007
- ICANN Rejects .XXX for Third Time
- The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (http://www.icann.org) announced on Friday it has rejected for the third time the creation of a ".xxx" top-level domain. The organization again voted against the proposal, which many see as a method of distinguishing adult content on the internet. Nine ICANN board members voted against the proposal compared to the five who voted in favor, Friday at the group's 28th International Public Meeting in Lisbon, Portugal, says an ICANN spokesman. One member abstained from voting.Rejectors of the ".xxx" top-level domain said its creation could set ICANN up as a potential regulator of adult content on the Internet, which is ...
Mar 30, 2007
- HostingCEO on Pentadyne Board
- Clean energy storage system manufacturer Pentadyne Power (http://www.pentadyne.com) announced on Thursday that TelecityRedbus Group (http://www..telecityredbus.com) CEO Michael Tobin has joined Pentadyne's board of directors. London, UK-based TelecityRedbus provides colocation, managed data center, hosting and connectivity services in Europe. The company specializes in designing, building and managing business-critical Web infrastructures to help companies reduce the cost, complexity and risks associated with maintaining Web and online environments. Prior to joining TelecityRedbus, Tobin was managing director of Fujitsu's Frankfurt operations, general manager of ICL Fujitsu Services ...