This review cover a general impression of webnames.ca product features like reliability, support, data center, price & more. Brand #3390, listed since .
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Please take my advice - they've dropped the ball on more than one occasion. Go with a bigger operation that provides 24/7 support. You'll likely get better pricing too.
After contacting them they said it was done for security reasons and nothing else could be done. Considering that I choose them initially for shell access this was not cool. Choose another provider after that.
While being with them their uptime seemed okay.
About WebNamesWebnames.ca is Canada's original domain registrar and a one-stop convenience for the online needs of individuals, small businesses, nonprofit organizations and corporations.
Canadian owned and operated since 2000, Webnames.ca began as a spin-off from the Internet pioneers who founded the .CA country code in 1987. We have registered hundreds of thousands of domain names, host thousands of websites and manage domain portfolios for many of Canada's Fortune 500 through our Corporate Services division, including Yellow Pages Group, CanWest Global, ING, Canadian Tire and many others.
Our mission is to connect clients with the tools they require to create, protect and promote their online presence. Our bilingual customer support team is the heart of our company and the foundation of our relationship with you. In addition to being the best and the brightest, our team is passionate about customer service.
In an industry geared for self-serve, Webnames.ca takes a very different approach. Our telephone response times average under 30 seconds to talk to a live person. If you don't understand something, we will explain it. If there is a problem, we will resolve it. We strive to be more than a great service provider, but "an ally on the Web" to all our customers. Our difference is that we support our customers above and beyond their use of our products. We are committed to helping our customers achieve their online goals by providing information, recommendations and resources about all things Internet. [Read about our values]
Our high-touch service is complemented by advanced domain management tools and leading-edge systems. Every domain includes unlimited toll free technical support and free services such as domain forwarding, parking, email channeling and metatag tools to drive traffic and help you get found online.
We realize that excellence is not measured by business success alone. Webnames.ca strives to make a positive impact in the community by supporting local organizations and charitable initiatives. We mentor, sponsor and participate on the boards of numerous nonprofit technology, small business and entrepreneurial organizations. We are furthermore committed to reducing waste and energy consumption in our daily activities.
So whether you are an individual registering your first domain name, a small business launching a new website or an international organization with thousands of domains to manage, you can trust Webnames.ca to do it right.
Webnames.ca was created from the original .CA registry at the University of British Columbia in the fall of 2000 by four partners, John Demco, Stephen Smith, Matthew Lane and Cybele Negris.
The most recognizable symbol of Canadian identity on the Internet, .CA was conceived in 1987 by John Demco, Computer Facilities Manager at UBC who had the foresight to protect a uniquely Canadian presence on the World Wide Web. Back in the old days - that is, before 2000 - all .CA domains were personally administered and registered on a voluntary basis by John in his UBC office, faxes stacked to the ceiling.
In an effort to free-up time for John Demco to work on the government mandated transition of .CA control and authority to CIRA (Canadian Internet Registration Agency) Stephen Smith - Webnames.ca's President and CEO, then working in Technology Transfer for UBC's University-Industry Liaison Office - proposed building automated systems and hiring students to help with the growing demand for .CA's. This was the call to action that brought together what would become the Webnames.ca team for the first time in the spring of 2000.
Cybele Negris, a management consultant for the UILO, came onboard to provide leadership in the area of operations, eventually becoming Webnames.ca's Chief Operating Officer. And soon thereafter Matthew Lane, Webnames.ca's Chief Technical Officer, was contracted to develop the first generation online registration system that have since developed into Webnames.ca's leading-edge systems. Along with an amazing group of UBC students hired by Steve to assist with .CA registrations and administration - some of whom are still with Webnames.ca today - this mix of talent and technology was the foundation of Canada’s most experienced domain registrar.
With John's foresight, what began in a cramped UBC office has since evolved into the current .CA landscape where 71% percent of Canadians prefer using .CA website services over all others because they know .CA is Canadian. A UBC spin-off company, Webnames.ca was incorporated on September 23, 2000 and has come a long way to become the company you know today. Over the last five years, extensive energy has been put into developing the industry’s most powerful and user-friendly online systems, as well as hiring the best customer and technical support representatives available. We are 100 percent Canadian owned and operated and our motto - Reliable ; Experienced ; Canadian - is also our guarantee.
Webnames.ca Vision Statement
Webnames.ca and its team will strive to be the best domain name registrar and provider of Internet services.
Webnames.ca Mission Statement
To accomplish our Vision, our mission is to connect clients with the tools they require to create, protect, build and promote their online presence. We will consistently earn the trust and exceed the expectations of our customers by offering the best customer support in the industry, by offering value through industry leading products and services, and highly reliable systems that offer powerful functionality to all clients.
We emphasize the importance of integrity, community involvement and building a workplace which enriches the careers of our team while we ensure our profit and growth goals are met.
Webnames.ca started as a spin-off of the original .CA registry in Canada. The vision from 1987 by John Demco was to secure an online identity for all Canadians. As an extension of this, Webnames.ca's purpose is now to be an "Ally on the Web" to help clients, everywhere, reach the full potential of their online presence.
1. Amaze every customer with exceptional service.
To achieve this we will:
1. attract and retain people who are passionate about and believe in delivering an exceptional customer experience
2. provide continuous education and thorough training for our staff
3. listen to customers and give them what they want
4. continuously work on lowering response times while increasing the depth of responses to customers including providing useful and relevant resources and information even when it is not asked for
2. Always be improving (striving for excellence).
To achieve this we will:
1. hire people who have exceptional work ethic, are highly skilled in their area of specialty, who have a "whatever it takes" attitude to get the job done, who believe in constant improvement
2. offer industry leading products and services
3. budget for systems and technology improvements on a continuous basis
4. continuously review our processes to maximize efficiency, productivity and quality
5. build a great work environment of teamwork that also provides opportunity to recognize individual excellence and fosters the growth of employees through their career path
3. Make a positive difference.
To achieve this we will:
1. contribute financially and participate in charitable organizations and events
2. participate on the boards of entrepreneurial, governmental and other organizations
3. offer a program that provides charitable organizations with a discount on products & services
4. encourage staff to volunteer and contribute in their communities and support green initiatives
- Domain Names | Canada's Original .CA Domain Name Registrar ... - CIRA Certified registrar offering domain name registrations, domain admin tools, URL and e-mail forwarding, and web hosting. Includes product and service ...
- Management Webnames.ca - Our Corporate Services help to protect and manage your domain name portfolios and online brands and trademarks. ICANN accredited and CIRA certified.
- Sitemap | Sitemap for Webnames - Webnames.ca - Hosting; Web Hosting · ASP.NET Hosting. Email; Email Hosting. Programs; Volume & Reseller Programs · Charity Programs · Managed Services Program ...
- WHOIS | Discover Domain Name Owner Information - Webnames.ca - If a domain is currently taken, use WHOIS Lookup to view who it is currently registered to. Simply enter the domain name and extension and click LOOKUP.
If you manage this brand, you must be logged in to update your promotions!
Add your promo code
Marketing information is managed by firstname.lastname@example.org [login]
Add your own testimonial
This form is used exclusively for positive feedback, for a regular review click here
The news comes off the heels of another Canadian web host, Webnames.ca, recently announced it moved to a new location in Vancouver's Gastown district.
With 200 percent more office space he, Netfirms will be able to continue to expand its growing staff and hosting solutions.
The expansion, which marks the company's fifth since 1998, includes an aggressive hiring campaign to fulfill new positions in customer service, marketing, software development and senior executives.
Netfirms will also be launching a 40,000 server capacity Tier 1 data center in Markham in June.
The company's current data center serves the banking industry and will be upgraded to provide more features for customers.
"Our reputation for a solid service offering coupled with our strong incentives we have seen a tremendous growth in ... [search all webnames.ca news]
Webnames.ca is Canada's original .CA domain registrar and is a leading provider of Online Services in Canada.
Account started from September, 2008, having already 8208 tweets with 4941 followers and 4602 friends. See recent tweets:
About: Providing Canadian Web Hosting, Business Email, Domain Name Registrations, Web Design, SSL certs and much more. Webnames.ca is your "ally on the web"
Webnames.ca account is having 1002 likes, talking about them 4 peoples.. See recent facebook statuses:
About: Webnames.ca is Canada’s original .CA domain name registrar and is a leading provider of Internet solutions to Canadian corporations and small businesses. Canadian-owned and operated, Webnames.ca provides domain name registration, web hosting, email hosting and web design services to businesses all over Canada.
Webnames.ca account is having 110 followers and 177 plus one count.. See recent Google+ Posts:
As visitor you can rate this provider directly here! If you are part of support team, you can respond to these reviews by going to login
Add your own review [Toggle to advance form]
Trademarks, logos & names are properties of their respective owners and protected by law.