This review cover a general impression of uniserve.com product features like reliability, support, data center, price & more. Brand #12243, listed since .
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Completely outdated C-Panel system.
No Wordpress support. Can't even upgrade Wordpress from within WordPress admin. Can only upgrade Wordpress thorugh C-Panel. Because Wordpress updates from within Wordpress were not being processed there were three massive security breaches in 3 months causing site to be pulled down each time.
Technical support typically takes about 45 mins to an hour to pick up.
Request made by phone *and* email completely ignored.
Every new support person has to be brought back up to speed.
They charged $170 to reboot a backup of the site.
Moving everything to another hosting/domain solution.
after suffering through more than a decade of poor service, I finally switched, only to have them continue to charge my credit card after ending the account. Theives
Friendly people but not very helpful.
One of Canada's Largest Internet Service Providers
Originally a provider of dial up Internet connectivity to rural consumers in British Columbia in the late 1980s, the company has since added wireless Internet service, digital phone service, fax to email and web hosting to its telecom service offerings.
Uniserve will continue to expand its client base in Canada through the acquisition of complementary businesses and marketing efforts targeting urban and rural residential and business consumers.
Have you met Uniserve? We've been here for a while (since our humble beginnings in 1988, to be precise), but we may be new to you. We've got the same amount of experience, if not more, than other telecommunications companies in Canada, but we offer something different.
Uniserve aims to provide a welcome alternative to big telecommunications companies that seem to have lost touch with the needs and wants of their clients, both in big cities and underserved rural areas. With outstanding customer care administered through an award winning 24/7 call centre, and a no-contract business model for residential services, Uniserve will stand out among Internet service providers as a company committed to providing a rewarding experience for its customers.
The Not-So-New Kid of Telecommunications Companies
Not only do we provide the latest technologies in digital phone service, high speed Internet, web hosting (and those new, in-demand ones like cloud computing) – but we also take pride in giving you, our business and residential customers, the most personalized care possible. Because we know it's nice to talk to a real person sometimes, isn't it?
And with no contracts, no bundles, and no obligations for residential customers – it's time to give the not-so-new kid on the block a try.
If you're looking for a smart alternative to those telecommunications companies that have done you wrong for so long – Uniserve is here. Serving residential customers in British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario and Quebec and business customers in BC.
* Uniserve will treat all traffic from the Internet to a customer and from a customer to the Internet equally.
* Uniserve will not use any personally identifiable data to switch or process Internet traffic, nor share personally identifiable data with other networks for the purposes of switching or processing Internet data.
* Uniserve will not generate any traffic that appears to come from a customer to an external Internet server or from an external Internet server to a customer, in order to disrupt communication between the two.
* Uniserve will not modify any fields in the TCP/IP header except for the TTL, checksum, and DSCP fields.
* Uniserve will create traffic management practices that are clear as possible, and visible to everyone; exceeding regulatory requirements when possible.
* Uniserve will not perform any Deep-packet-inspection (DPI) of traffic. DPI is unnecessary. Only the information in the TCP/IP header is used to process traffic.
* Our Eastern Canadian local exchange carrier (LEC) performs DPI on all traffic between the customer and the Uniserve aggregation point in Ontario and Quebec. See below for details.
* Uniserve will offer a web interface to view Internet usage, if usage is charged.
* Uniserve will offer actual unlimited data transfer with no usage charges on Internet connectivity services that are described as “unlimited.” Unlimited services will be clearly identified in the product description.
Affordable Web Hosting Plans
All Web Hosting Plans Include:
Detailed traffic and automatic bandwidth reports
Access to create email addresses and email aliases
MySQL database with web-based control
Control of email auto-responders and email redirects
Mailing list generation
Online file management
Customized interface graphics – include your own logo!
Business Email And Web Hosting Solutions
Whether you need business email hosting solutions or multiple site web hosting capabilities, Uniserve offers a wide range of affordable email and web hosting plans for small and medium businesses.
Our business email and web hosting plans use the Apache – the world's most reliable web server – so you can be confident your online marketing tools are in good hands. Each plan comes with a user-friendly control panel for easy content management and maximum flexibility
Is your server equipment stored in a climate-controlled, secure location with a backup generator? If you want to protect your critical business data, it should be. In fact, server co-location is often a requirement of business disaster recovery programs.
Secure and reliable offsite data back up and storage is just one of the benefits of housing your server at Uniserve's state-of-the-art co-location facility in BC. Other features of the facility include:
Climate control and pre-action fire suppression
100 Mbps connection standard
24/7 network, security and video monitoring
UPS and diesel generator backup
Unescorted and escorted access
Complement your offsite data backup and storage of your server with these optional additions:
Nightly data backup
Managed IT Services (eMend)
Hardware/software procurement and leasing
Dedicated 15 AMP, 20 AMP, or 30 AMP circuit
We've got our heads in the cloud – the Joyent enabled Dell Cloud, to be exact. Now you can enjoy Uniserve's secure cloud computing hosting based on the Joyent enabled Dell Cloud Solution for Web Applications.
Uniserve Cloud is launching a FREE Beta for the first 200 qualifying applicants! Be one of the first to try Canada's top public Cloud!
All Uniserve web hosting plans features Cpanel's user-friendly control panel for complete website management and maximum flexibility.
- Business ADSL Internet Support | Uniserve - ADSL Internet. Uniserve ADSL Internet Modem Setup. This setup guide is included with every Uniserve ADSL modem kit. It contains quick information about how ...
- Business FAQs Support | Uniserve - Frequently Asked Questions. DSL Internet FAQ · Email FAQ · Digital Phone Service FAQ. DSL Internet FAQ. What is Uniserve DSL? What is ADSL2+?
- Business High Speed Internet | Uniserve - BUSINESS HIGH SPEED INTERNET. No two businesses are alike. Neither are their internet needs. This is why Uniserve has created tailored plans to meet ...
If you manage this brand, you must be logged in to update your promotions!
Add your promo code
Add your own testimonial
This form is used exclusively for positive feedback, for a regular review click here
Account started from April, 2011, having already 1258 tweets with 409 followers and 653 friends. See recent tweets:
About: Uniserve provides high speed internet & digital phone for home use and complete managed technical solutions for businesses.
Uniserve Communications account is having 375 likes, talking about them 5 peoples.. See recent facebook statuses:
As visitor you can rate this provider directly here! If you are part of support team, you can respond to these reviews by going to login
Add your own review [Toggle to basic/advance form]
I started with Uniserve in 2003 by default when they bought digital ark (oberon) up in Campbell River. Part of a massive Island buy-out. It's been a roller coaster ride ever since. The services were okay but pricing, email and web page hosting was a night mare from the beginning. I moved down to the city and they gave me new account details but couldn't lose the old account. My email and web pages stayed up in Campbell River. I'd discover that I was paying a few bucks more than everyone else for like three years so they'd give me a promotional deal to make up for it. Conflicts between the old account on the island and the new one on the Coast were constant. Even during the promotional deal they gave me in return for overcharging me by as much as $4.95/month for two years was unrecognized by hanf the company so I would get over charged time after time. I would have to explain to someone what was going on and it would be an issue every time. They'd say they had to slear the problem with [read more...]
We changed our phone line carrier and as a consequence lost use of our uniserve account which was carried on that line.
We contacted Uniserve and was told that it would take 24/48 hours to check the line.
Next we were tolde that it would take 5 to 10 business days to soleve the problem....not told why despite asking.
Next told that it was taking this long because Teus had to do some work at their end..it wa not a Uniserve issue.
Asked for a case file so that I could persue with Telus...not given one.
Next told that it was not Telus but uniserve that had to do work and that it had been put on a rush order, but it would still take 5 to 10 business days.
Every time I spoke to these guys I got a different story other that the fact that it would take 5 to 10 business days...
Said they would phone me back twice and never did.
Absolutely brutal service./..don't treat your customer like an idiot and don't keep on changing the story...tell them up front.
I HATE THEM.
Will obviously look for another provider, I have been with unserve/interlog for at least 10 years
* Speedtouch Modem breaks every few months (When we sent back the modem they said they never recieved it and started charging us for rental on a modem we already purchased)
* No telephone service for 2 weeks at a time (twice over Christmas holidays) when it goes down (VoIP that is bundled with the internet package)
* They say they will call you but you never recieve a call (all ways had to call in myself)
* One time they said the would "escalate" the problem but when I called back appearantly it was never escalated (boosted us from the 1.5mbps to 3.0mbps, which we were already suppose to have, as a fix for the troubles
I would not recommend this company to anyone. You are better of going to Telus. But if you can deal with all the problems it is an excellent pricing on the bundle package. Funny thing is I work in computer retail and uniserve is a product we sell which I will not hesitate to let [read more...]
Trademarks, logos & names are properties of their respective owners and protected by law.