Rimu Hosting review
This review cover a general impression of rimuhosting.com product features like reliability, support, data center, price & more. Brand #1864, listed since .
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The response time is fairly quick but have to email back and forth several times due to the estimation of work need to be paid.
From business perspective, never recommend for anyone who cannot hire Linux experts.
Always respond quickly. They monitor the servers well and remain competitive by providing ongoing upgrades.
Haven't had major unscheduled outages.
I've been using them for several very important business projects for years. I've used their support many many times and unlike the other comment they have never charged me extra for support. I think I've been using them for over 6 years, and have several servers in different regions (Sydney, London, Dallas) and all have been very stable -- only one impactful outage in one site due to generator failure in over 5 years.
The support I've received is very competent and polite. They are helpful people for sure. Much better than the support I got from Rackspace, which always tried to upsell me on things.
Every support request I created was implemented quickly.
Their control panel lets you easily set up new servers, manage dns, mount backups (they actually do good backups for you) etc...
I have been very pleased with the internet connectivity from the servers (100 megabits) and have never felt they over subscribe their bandwidth.
About Rimu HostingRimuHosting's Goals
Our goals are pretty simple:
* Offer a flexible, reliable hosting service.
* Make our customers deliriously happy with the support they get.
* Looking for a host with a solid track record? RimuHosting has been working hard to provide great server hosting since December 2002.
* One of the original UML VPS hosting companies, and also one of the first to offer Xen-based VPS hosting.
* RimuHosting is a successful, customer-focused business that aims to be here for years to come. In 2008 we were ranked the 16th fastest growing company in NZ in the Deloitte Fast 50 Index (up from #25 in 2007). We were the only hosting company to feature on their list. We also made the 2008 Deloitte Technology Fast 500 Asia Pacific Index.
* Our friendly and knowledgeable staff includes developers, and professional system administrators.
* Quick responses from our email and ticket support systems. One-on-one support with our hosting experts.
* RimuHosting is not a reseller. We operate our own servers. If something goes wrong, we're the ones that fix it.
* We specialize in JBoss J2EE and JSP hosting, but our servers are set up for pretty much any web-hosting task you'd care to throw at them.
We Stand Behind Our Hosting
We have confidence in our technology and our support. So, we offer a 30-day money back guarantee on our hosting fees, as well as a 99.9% uptime SLA.
Our plans have a one-month minimum contract period. No long-term commitments are required.
Support worth raving about
We work hard to provide support worth raving about. To do that we are always looking for ways to provide the assistance our customers request.
But then we go just that little bit further and surprise them with something just a little bit more/better than what they were expecting.
* 84% of our customers are delighted by our support (the rest are 'merely' happy with it.)
* Our average customer has been with us for 18 months.
* 19/20 customers remain with us after their first two months (indicating they made the right choice choosing our service).
* 60% of our new business is by word of mouth (we appreciate that our customers are so happy with our service they tell their friends and colleagues about it).
* 91% of our customers rate us better than their previous host.
* We start responding to most support requests in under 2 minutes.
Examples of RimuHosting support
The following are just some of the things we have done for our customers:
* Installed JBoss/tomcat/Liferay. Helped deploy WAR and EAR Java webapps
* Installed a Rails hosting stack, upgraded gems, troubleshooted mongrel instances
* Configured and troubleshooted email servers. We are familiar with DKIM, postfix, ClamAV, Spamassassin, Postfixadmin, you name it.
* Performance troubleshooting. We find and help resolve bottlenecks. e.g. tracking down MySQL servers bogging down your server. e.g. finding the optimal amount of memory for your server.
* Configure backups, MySQL replication, failover and monitoring.
RimuHosting support philosophy
Our goals are to be honest, upfront, straightforward, work in the customers' best interest, and provide service that delights.
At RimuHosting we work really hard to never say 'no'. We try to help our customers in any way we can to make their hosting setup work the way they need it to.
Well Connected Data Centers
RimuHosting uses data centers in multiple countries. This lets you host with a server closest to you or your users. We currently use data centers in the following locations:
* Dallas, Texas
* London, England
* Auckland, New Zealand
These locations let you choose a server nearest your US, European or Australasian users.
Each data center has redundant UPS systems, generator backup, closed circuit monitoring, card key access, 24-hour guards and redundant a/c systems. Rest assured your hardware is being well taken care of.
* Lots of low latency bandwidth. Typically you can 'ping' other US servers in an incredibly fast 20ms or less.
* Multiple, Gigabit Connections to the Internet. So even multi-megabyte files can be downloaded in seconds.
* 24x7 Server Monitoring. And our sysadmins are paged if anything is wrong. It's "peace of mind" hosting.
* UPS Power
Dallas Data Center
The Dallas-based data center we use, colo4dallas, provides a reliable, fast and affordable mix of BGP routed bandwidth. The data center run a Cisco networking environment. And is staffed 24x7 by technicians who perform all our remote hands work (e.g. changing drives, memory or swapping servers).
For a sample ping try host112.rimuhosting.com.
The servers we purchase and colocate at the Dallas data center are the latest and greatest our money can buy, so we are able to offer customers great pricing on extra memory and disk space.
If you are not sure which data center to go with then we recommend you setup your VPS or dedicated server at this data center. We host most of our customers at this facility.
Order a Dallas-based VPS, a semi-dedicated VPS or a Dallas-based dedicated server.
London Data Center
The UK-based data center
we use is located in Maidenhead (just outside of London). It operates a Cisco and Extreme Networks powered network. It has access to a 20Gbit network including Level(3) and Tiscali as carriers. The data center is manned 24x7, and has diesel generator UPSs.
For a sample ping try host335.rimuhosting.com.
We recommend our London data center if most of your users are in Europe and low latency is critical to you.
Order a London-based VPS or London-based Dedicated Server.
Australian Data Centers
RimuHosting provide both VPS and dedicated servers from the Australian data centers we use.
We have some servers that we use for VPS hosting colocated in the Global Switch data center. This location is ideal when you need low latency to users in Australia, New Zealand or the western pacific rim Far East countries. Network costs are quite high in Australia so the data transfer allowance included in the price is lower (at 6GB/month) than on other (e.g. Dallas or London) servers.
Because we are colocating our own hardware here we can use very powerful servers. The VPS plans here run on one of our fast servers (at the time of writing, a server with two quad core Xeon CPUs) with a heap of memory (12GB) and lots of disk space (four 750GB disks).
Some facts about the Sydney datacenter:
* Data Center Location: Global Switch Data Center, Harris Street, Ultimo, Sydney
* Data Center Space: 41,575m2 of gross building space
* Rack Space: 2 Floors ~1000 Racks
* Minimum N+1 Redundancy on Power Supply
* Diverse A&B Power Supply through UPS
* On-site diesel tanks (360,000 litres) support minimum of 24 hours at full capacity (2 hour contract for further fuel)
* Temperature maintained at 22C (+/- 2C)
* Aspiratory Analogue Addressable Fire Detection System
* Access Control Using Proximity Card Readers
* Multiple CCTV Cameras (interior and exterior)
* Barrier Controlled Vehicle Access
* Data Transit: Optus, Verizon, Asia Netcomm, Pacific Internet, Pipe Networks
* Data Center Staff not on site, but just 15 minutes away
* Uses Cisco networking equipment
* There are multiple inter-continental internet cables plugged into Sydney including the Southern cross cable (US and NZ), Pac Rim West (Korea, Japan) and Tasman (NZ)
* Sample ping times (at time of writing): 30ms ping to NZ, 120ms to Japan, 160ms east coast US.
For a sample ping try host426.rimuhosting.com.
We also provide dedicated servers in Australia from a Brisbane-based data center. The data center has two Gigabit ethernet links to SingTEL/Optus, a Cisco-based network core, and on-site staff 24x7 for rapid response to hardware emergencies.
If you or your customers are located in Australia, Asia or New Zealand then one of our Brisbane-based VPSs is a good choice. Bandwidth in this part of the world is not cheap, so data transfer allowances on these servers are lower than at the other data centers we use.
Some facts about the Brisbane datacenter:
* has multiple carrier-grade connections to various Australian network providers including SingTel Optus, AAPT and UECOMM for excellent redundancy
* has Gigabit Ethernet over copper and ATM throughout our internal infrastructure and Gigabit Ethernet optical fibre uplinks to all external carriers.
* 24 hour 7 day Emergency support.
* 24 hour 7 day On Site Security.
* N+1 UPS Power Protected Servers.
* N+1 Caterpiller Generator Backup Power.
* N+1 feeds from state power grid.
For a sample ping to Brisbane try host905.rimuhosting.com.
Order a Sydney-based VPS or an Brisbane-based dedicated server.
Auckland-based Data Center
Our NZ-based hosting plans are offered out of the Orcon data center in Auckland, New Zealand.
Some facts about the Auckland data center:
* Pressurised under floor cooling which direct cool air to the cabinets, and ensure a constant airflow.
* Online UPS system providing constant and regulated power to the cabinets
* Backup generator in case of extended power failure
* The facility is connected via Telecom, Telstra Clear and Vector fibre and with ATM and Ethernet connectivity to multiple upstream providers, provides an extremely high level of redundancy.
* The Southern Cross Cable is a stone's throw from the facility.
* Sample host to ping (for latency to your location): 22.214.171.124
* Sample download url.
Order an Auckland, New Zealand-based VPS or an Auckland, New Zealand-based dedicated server.
Choose VPS By Data Center
We do most of our VPS setups at the Dallas data center. We think this data center offers a great mix of performance (with our most powerful host servers), reliability (with its premium network), and pricing (since we do so many setups there, economies of scale work in our favor).
We also offer VPS hosting from a few other data center locations. Choose one of these options if you need a higher data transfer allowance than what we can offer in the Dallas data center. Or if your users are near one of these locations and every millisecond of network latency is critical.
- RimuHosting: Unbeatable JSP and J2EE Hosting on JBoss - RimuHosting's JSP Hosting Service: Tomcat/JBoss J2EE HostingCovers server installation, setup and operations.
- Rails hosting - RimuHosting - Rails hosting RimuHosting can setup the RimuHosting Rails hosting stack on your server. Not only that, but we will help you setup and deploy your application.
- Dedicated server hosting - RimuHosting - RimuHosting provide dedicated server for dedicated server hosting. We have Xeon (E5420) and Core 2 (E4600, E4600, Q6600) dedicated servers available.
- Java hosting - RimuHosting - RimuHosting support Java hosting. We are tomcat hosting specialists. We provide JBoss hosting, tomcat webhosting and jsp hosting. * We provide dedicated ...
If you manage this brand, you must be logged in to update your promotions!
Add your promo code
|Linux - Shared||Keep mouse |
|Price||Disk Space||Transfer||Updated||Free Domain / |
|RimuHosting MiroVPS1||featuresPowered by Xen, the RimuHosting MiroVPS1 gives you full control over your server. Perfect as a Personal Linux Server, get root ssh access to install and configure whatever you need and the ability to choose the Linux distribution that best suits [...]||$19.95/mo.||4 GB||30 GB|
|RimuHosting MiroVPS2||featuresPowered by Xen, the RimuHosting MiroVPS2 gives you full control over your server. The RimuHosting MiroVPS2 is perfect for JSP Hosting and Web Development and comes with MySQL database server. Get root ssh access to install and configure whatever [...]||$29.95/mo.||8 GB||40 GB|
|RimuHosting MiroVPS3||featuresPowered by Xen, the RimuHosting MiroVPS3 gives you full control over your server. The RimuHosting MiroVPS3 is suitable for Plesk Reseller Hosting. Get root ssh access to install and configure whatever you need and the ability to choose the Linux [...]||$39.95/mo.||8 GB||60 GB|
|Linux - Dedicated||Keep mouse |
|Price||Disk Space||Transfer||Updated||Free Domain / |
|Core 2||$145.00/mo.||160 GB||unmetered|
|Quad Core 2009 Nehalem Xeon||$209.00/mo.||160 GB||unmetered|
|Quad Core 2011 Sandy Bridge Xeon||$229.00/mo.||160 GB||unmetered|
|2 x Quad Core 2008 Clover/Harpertown Xeon||$299.00/mo.||160 GB||unmetered|
|2 x Quad Core 2009 Westmere/Nehalem Xeon||$329.00/mo.||160 GB||unmetered|
|2 x 2012 Sandy Bridge Xeon||$369.00/mo.||160 GB||unmetered|
|2 x Quad Core Westmere/Nehalam Xeon||$895.00/mo.||unlimited||unmetered|
|Linux - VPS||Keep mouse |
|Price||Disk Space||Transfer||Updated||Free Domain / |
|Budget||$25.00/mo.||4 GB||15 GB|
|Popular||$35.00/mo.||6 GB||40 GB|
|Large||$59.00/mo.||8 GB||100 GB|
Marketing information is managed by email@example.com [login]
Add your own testimonial
This form is used exclusively for positive feedback, for a regular review click here
Runs RimuHosting, a provider of Linux VPS and dedicated servers.
Account started from October, 2008, having already 2169 tweets with 1478 followers and 266 friends. See recent tweets:
As visitor you can rate this provider directly here! If you are part of support team, you can respond to these reviews by going to login
Add your own review [Toggle to advance form]
Absolutely terrible support...they say they give good support but when you ask for a bit generous amount they charge you $40/hr for basic things like setting up emails...absolutely worst I have used so far...It looks really good from outside but really terrible...
Trademarks, logos & names are properties of their respective owners and protected by law.