discountasp.net review20 user reviews, 4 support responses, 0 testimonials, 2 products, 0 promotions, 4 social accounts, 16771 domains, 12599 hosted, Alexa #163556, listed 2005 (#2920)
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Used discount ASP.NET to host a ASP.NET website and MS SQL database for a small business application - part live, part testbed. All very smooth, and happily did database development over the wire hooked up to the live one when needed. The provided MS SQL tools and FTP access made backup and off-siting easy. Web server was always available when I needed it. As a caveat to this review, my app was not a 24/7 business-critical one, so I was not stress-testing the system. However, for the bargain price and my modest needs I was a very happy customer.
Utilized their hosting for over 7 years and never had a problem. Uptime was excellent, interface was simple and was never bombarded with emails like I am by my registrar. Would recommend for anyone looking for solid hosting on top of a Microsoft technology stack.
I'm a startup and did not do a lot of processing. However, when using your services they were ready and available . I appreciated that.
The DiscountASP.NET Mission
To deliver the best value in cutting edge, enterprise-class shared ASP.NET Web Hosting and SQL Hosting through continuous innovation. Period.
DiscountASP.NET is an recognized global leader in advanced shared Microsoft Windows webhosting services. Through strong word-of-mouth and our commitment to ASP.NET technology and innovation, DiscountASP.NET has become the choice for affordable and feature-rich ASP.NET hosting and SQL hosting.
We offer ASP.NET Hosting services in two tier-1 data centers in the USA and in Europe/UK.
100% Focus on Microsoft Windows Shared Hosting
We are specialists in
- windows 2008 webhosting Windows 2008 Hosting
- sql 2008 hosting SQL 2008 Hosting
- asp.net webhosting ASP.NET Hosting
- asp.net mvc hosting ASP.NET MVC Hosting
- .net framework 3.5 webhosting .NET 3.5 SP1 Hosting
- asp.net ajax webhosting ASP.NET AJAX Hosting
- silverlight compatible hosting Silverlight Hosting
Unlike competitors who try to be everything to everybody by supporting every type of hosting platform under the sun, DiscountASP.NET focuses all of our resources in applying innovation throughout our shared hosting product, service, and infrastructure to provide the most affordable, reliable, fast, cutting-edge, and feature-rich, enterprise-class, advanced Microsoft ASP.NET hosting and SQL Database Hosting. Our platform supports Classic ASP Hosting as well.
Our platform is perfect for developers looking for cutting edge, innovative technology at affordable rates.
Years of Web Hosting Business Experience
Microsoft Gold Certified Partner - DiscountASP.NET Our staff has over 150+ combined years of experience in the website hosting industry. Our team consists of industry veterans that have owned and operated successful and profitable hosting companies, Microsoft Certified Professionals, System Engineers, and Database Administrators that have worked for some of the Top 10 hosting companies in the world, and others who have worked at webhosting startup companies. We make sure that our staff are technically saavy and understand the web hosting industry.
The combined knowledge from years of extensive hosting experience allows our team to come together at DiscountASP.NET to focus on efficiently delivering the best value in Enterprise-Class Shared Windows hosting through innovation and knowledgeable customer support, while avoiding all the pitfalls they have experienced at other hosting companies.
ASP.NET Hosting by ASP.NET Experts
We custom built our own ASP.NET driven "instant activation" hosting automation system that technologically leapfrogs the competition. You do not need to wait an hour or a day to begin uploading your web applications.
We do not use off-the-shelf canned hosting automation software and market ourselves as ASP .NET hosters. We are more than a "marketing" company - we are technology experts. We prove our technical expertise by using and applying innovative .NET technology solutions in every aspect of our web hosting system.
In addition, we do not maintain old, legacy or otherwise deprecated technologies.
- We continuously improve our ASP.NET Hosting and SQL Hosting offerings by introducing new .NET technologies, ASP/.NET components, management tools, and business partnerships.
- DiscountASP.NET launches support for Web Deployment Tool 1.0 (MS Deploy) on Windows 2008 platform.
- DiscountASP.NET launches support for Microsoft Failed Request Tracing Module and Microsoft URLRewrite Module
DiscountASP.NET is the first host to support Microsoft DBManager and AdminPack IIS7 Manager UI Extensions:
- ASP.NET Authorization Rules
- ASP.NET Error Pages
- Request Filtering
- More Information
DiscountASP.NET is the first host to develop and introduce IIS7 Manager Extension Modules:
- web.config backup/restore module
- global assembly cache (GAC) viewer module
- iis manager feedback module
- More Information
DiscountASP.NET was one of the first to market with:
- silverlight 3 hosting MSDeploy Support on Windows 2008 Hosting Platform
- sql server 2008 reporting services hosting - ssrs hostgin SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services Hosting
- silverlight 3 hosting Silverlight 3.0 Hosting
- dns management api DNS Management API
- sql backup api SQL Backup API
- iis manager ui extensions IIS Manager UI Extensions
- windows 2008 hosting Windows 2008 Hosting
- iis 7.0 hosting IIS7 Hosting
- asp.net 3.5 hosting ASP.NET 3.5 Hosting
- Control Panel Cardspace Login Integration
- sql server 2005 reporting services hosting - ssrs hostgin SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services Hosting
- microsoft silverlight hosting compatible Silverlight Hosting
- ftp managment tools Advanced FTP Management Tools
- mvc hosting MVC Hosting Compatible
- silverlight 2 hosting Silverlight 2.0 Hosting
- iis manager ui extensions - url rewrite URL Rewrite Module for IIS7
- .net 3.5 sp1 hosting .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 Hosting
- sql 2008 hosting SQL 2008 Hosting
- microsoft asp.net ajax hosting Microsoft ASP.NET AJAX Hosting
- asp.net 2.0 hosting ASP.NET 2.0 Hosting
- microsoft sql server 2005 hosting SQL 2005 Hosting
- sql hosting with on demand sql tools On-Demand SQL Tool Suite (real-time SQL backup, restore, shrink database tools, SQL 2008 and SQL 2005 hosting attach MDF file tool)
- iis management tools IIS Management Tools (real-time site start/stop tool, application pool recycle tool)
- free asp.net components Free ASP.NET Components
- asp.net 3.5 starter kit hosting ASP.NET 3.5 Starter Kit hosting
- dotnetnuke dnn hosting DotNetNuke hosting
- ASP.NET Powered Hosting Control Panel
We do not believe in being a stagnant hoster or following in the footsteps of other hosts. By innovation and leadership, DiscountASP.NET has become the choice for affordable feature-rich, enterprise ASP.NET web hosting and SQL hosting.
* Concrete Tilt-Up Construction
* Steel Seismic Bracing added to meet the 1997 Seismic / Earthquake codes (Title 24 Seismic) for Los Angeles area
* All racks / cabinets are seismically braced and bolted directly to the concrete flooring
* 24 inch raised floor
* Dimax - Building Management / Alarm Monitoring System
* Power and data cables are run perpendicular from each other to minimize any electrical field interaction
* Janitorial service is bonded, insured and licensed
* 7/16 inch thick steel sheeting around the front door and within the front reception area
* 2 level, man-trap, security access - before actually being able to enter the raised floor area
* Level 5 bullet-resistant walls / glass (Kevlar Lined walls) in the front entry, lobby, guard station, and shipping and receiving areas
* 256+ - fixed positioned, security cameras
* All camera footage is recorded and held for a minimum of 30 days
* 24 x 7 x 365 on-site security guards
* Security service is bonded
* No signage on building
* Data Center temperature maintained at 72 degrees +/- 2 degrees
* Thermostats / Humidistats are located around the building on the walls, posts and ceilings
* Supply air temperature entering the IDC averages 55 - 62% varying with load conditions
* Ring duct in ceiling allows us to add diffusers (vents) where needed to provide additional air flow
* 16 - 135 Ton air conditioners N+6 - all 16 are running continuously w/redundant capacity
-- 6 - 135 Ton air conditioners support redundant capacity
-- 2 - 30 ton air-conditioners independently support NOC and NODE
* Air handlers are located on the roof (roof access is restricted and monitored)
* Two 125 Ton A/C Units, and one 70 Ton unit is dedicated to UPS Room
* Pager notification service with California Independent System Operator (ISO) to monitor California utility power Stage Alerts and rolling black outs
* 6 main electrical distribution buses
* Each generator has 3,000 gals of diesel fuel - enough to power it for 22 hours at full load
* 4 - 12,000 gal. Diesel Fuel storage convault tanks (in addition to the primary fuel tanks) provide enough fuel to run generators continuously for 72 hours at full load
* UPS batteries support data center load until automatic transfer to generator is completed
* 24 MGE UPS's
* 10 Caterpillar 2000KW (2.0MW) generators
* 50 power management modules (PMM's) with 168 - 20 amp power circuits from each 165KVA power distribution unit (PDU); customized circuits provided as needed
* Power is served to the PDUs via 2 separate independent UPS power sources
* Each PDU has it's own Automatic Static Transfer Switch which can switch the power to the alternate source within 4 milliseconds
* Contracts with local fuel companies to provide additional on-site fuel, once generators are started
* VESDA - Very Early Smoke Detection and Alarm system; small white 'air sampling tubes' draw air into chambers, where lasers analyze the air for smoke content
* Heat (140 degree) and smoke detectors are located on the ceilings around the building
* Clean-Gas hand-held fire extinguishers are through-out the building
* Fire station located approximate 600 feet from the data center
* X - 4 inch conduits for telco fiber leading to the street
* Multiple redundant network paths
* Redundant OC48s
* All network operators certified internet systems engineers
Support / FAQ
If you manage this brand, you must be logged in to update your promotions!
Add your promo code
|Windows - Shared||Keep mouse |
|Price||Disk Space||Transfer||Updated||Free Domain / |
|$5/month Windows 2012 Hosting is Here!||$5.00/mo.||1 GB||80 GB|
|ASP.NET HOSTING||featuresVoted Best Windows Host by Visual Studio Magazine and asp.netPRO Magazine! |
Get the Best Value in Microsoft Windows Hosting Now with NEW Windows 2008/IIS 7.0 Hosting! ASP.NET 4.0, ASP.NET 3.5/2.0, ASP.NET 1.1, Classic ASP, Windows 2008/IIS 7, [...]
Plan URL : http://www.discountasp.net/features.aspx
|$10.00/mo.||1 GB||80 GB|
Add your own testimonial
This form is used exclusively for positive feedback, for a regular review click here
DiscountASP.NET is headquartered in Pasadena, California. They are a Microsoft Gold Partner and specialize in hosting solutions for Microsoft products.
Read the full story here. [search all discountasp.net news]
Official Twitter feed of DiscountASP.NET. Specializing in ASP.NET and Team Foundation Server hosting. Get 6 months free when you use promo code TWEET.
Account started from June, 2008, having already 3508 tweets with 5279 followers and 271 friends. See recent tweets:
About: DiscountASP.NET, a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner, is a recognized leader in advanced Microsoft Windows web hosting services. Offering: ASP.NET 4.5, MVC & Silverlight ready, SQL 2008 R2, SQL 2012, and Team Foundation Server 2012 Hosting
DiscountASP.NET - ASP.NET Web Hosting account is having 2594 likes, talking about them 7 peoples.. See recent facebook statuses:
About: If you live in the Los Angeles area, let us know so we can add you to a "local" circle for upcoming events or meet-ups. DiscountASP.NET employees who are active here on Google+ and contribute to this page include, Abe Chung, Aris de la Cruz, Calvin Wong, Cedric Chan, Daniel Tse, David Hui, Frank Cheung,
DiscountASP.NET account is having 755 followers and 917 plus one count. See recent Google+ Posts:
As visitor you can rate this provider directly here! If you are part of support team, you can respond to these reviews by going to login
Add your own review [Toggle to basic/advance form]
I am very pleased with DiscountASP.NET services. Very good hosting solution for .NET. They have excellent response time, good service and support. I will highly recommend DiscountASP.NET to everyone. Great job. Thanks
I have hosted with DiscountASP for over 5 years. The reliability of the service is outstanding. In that 5 years I don't believe that the service was down for over a few hours total. The tech support was exceptional and always went out of their way to help me solve problems as they arose.
I have been extremely impressed with DiscountASP.net. The ease of setup and everyday use, is one thing. But their speedy, reliable, and knowledgeable support staff is something that rarely exists in today's business world. They have bent over backwards for my site to assure PCI-Compliance and have been extremely helpful in all other questions and issues that have occurred. I cannot think of a better hosting company than DiscountASP.net!
Good hosting service. Quick replies to questions and willingness to help. Price is fair and I had a good experience.
This is easily the best shared hosting I've come across for .NET - cheap, reliable, super easy to use, and all the features you could want.
These guys are not just another faceless hosting corporation - the support and customer service response has also been great. I really couldn't be any happier!
I have been a customer for a number of years and, after a technical issue I had recently I felt moved to record my appreciation. The problem turned out to have nothing to do with DiscountASP.NET hosting but was more to do with my ISPs use of DNS caching. Technical support was very fast, friendly and extremely competent.
I hosted 2 differen sites with DiscountASP.net since 2008. During that time I experienced no problems at all with their hosting & database services. Most recently I use DiscountASP.Net to host a site for our Little League organization. This site was used heavily by coaches, players, and parents. I cannot remember any time when my site was down. Great service & great price. Easy to use control panel. Would definitely use them again!
I have worked with Discountasp.net for several years, starting back in 2001. I have used it for both commercial purposes and personal website testing during my carreer.
The ease of use, simplicity and quality keeps me coming back everytime. Keep up the good work!
What more can we say? Just look at their customer satisfaction record. We are just one of many happy customers. Service was always prompt and you get the most features for every dollar. You can't go wrong with DiscountASP.NET.
Used Discountasp.net to host my overstock/closeout website. They had the site operational within minutes and provided easy to use tools to maintain all the essential aspects of my site. I did during the 15 months that the site was active, I did not experience any downtime issues. Pricing for their hosting package was very good and my few experiences with customer service were excellent.
Great customer service, pricing and features for Microsoft Hosting. Account set up and cancellations are within 30 minutes of request.
Starting with an email to support on 03/23/11, since then they have stated pretty much deal with the over usage of servers.
They have deleted my forum posts because they dont like what it has said.
They have failed to provide any other contact besides CANCEL your account in the control panel.
They have now banned my IP from forums to hide the real support issues.
Rated F in the BBB....
With regards to his forum post, we replied back to his forum post explaining how we troubleshoot issues such as the one he was having. We explained that asking for a traceroute and URLs is normal and [...]
Customer service representative (sales@d..., ).
Any negatives? For me, no. But I've read that their performance is only "average". But I've not seen any degradation even though I use their Southern California server from Europe, and a client uses it from Singapore with no problem. BTW, if you really want performance, and are getting hundreds [read more...]
This wasn't a really big deal for me, I have the knowledge to build an exchange server and attach it to a public static IP (although this option was slower). Had it completed in a few hours. However, if you do not have access to such knowledge, you will be hung out to dry.
After my term runs out, I will be leaving them and I will never look back. Also, I have great influence in recommending [read more...]
Our usage policy is written very clearly on our service policy page. It states the following:
DiscountASP.NET does not allow the use of their services for mass mailings. This includes all mailing lists, legitimate opt-in or not. Email usage in excess of 5000 emails per account per 24 hours or 1000 emails per account per hour is not allowed and could result in suspension of email services, account suspension, and/or account termination. For these types of mass mailings, a third party mass email service should be used.
If this customer had his email suspended, then it was because he abused our email policy. This customer states that this happened TWICE, so we obviously unsuspended his email after the first time (that was the first warning), but this customer apparently chose to abuse our email policy again. Because of this, his email was suspended again, and NOT turned back on. Even though he says he [...]
Customer service representative (sales@d..., ).
Customer service representative (mark@d..., ).
One of my site's domain name was purchase through DiscountASP as they were a reseller. DiscountASP charged me a back end fee of $15 to release the domain from their hold. I have never been charged a back end fee in changing domain registrars in my ten years of designing. DiscountASP essentially hijacked my domain until I paid this fee. As I felt that this was a serious matter, I requested a customer service number from DiscountASP to discuss this matter personally they refused only to continue to send me form emails.
BE WARNED: DiscountASP is a 'good guy' until you run into trouble like I did. When you have a problem (or they see You as a problem), they tend to be more slow [read more...]
Customer support representative (mark@d..., ).
Trademarks, logos & names are properties of their respective owners and protected by law.